We often hear from people curious to know if it’s too late to claim compensation for serious injuries which were sustained several years ago. The answer to this is that...Read more
A trust is a way of managing money or other assets such as land or property, for you, your family and others who you would like to benefit.
You can set up a trust for several reasons, for example to:
- Manage personal injury compensation and protect means-tested benefits with a Personal Injury Trust
- Protect family assets for future generations
- Safeguard assets for vulnerable loved ones
- Minimise Inheritance Tax Liabilities
- Save for care fees
- Pass your assets to a loved one during your lifetime or when you die
It is important to appoint a specialist solicitor when setting up a trust. They can help you choose the best type of trust that suits your needs, advise on any tax savings with your trust and ensure your trust does not conflict with your Will.
Our expert Wills, trusts and estate planning team can help you by:
- Preparing trust documents
- Providing you with professional trustees or giving advice to the trustees of your choice
- Dealing with the day-to-day trust administration
- Obtaining financial advice on your behalf
- Ensuring the trust complies with any legal requirements
- Preparing the trust tax return and accounts
To find out more information on our trusts services or to make an appointment to see us, call Freephone 0800 884 0777 or complete our form.