Any serious injury is traumatic and needs to be handled very carefully. We have the expertise to know who needs to be instructed to address your needs such as care, medical treatment and rehabilitation. Recovering compensation will help you rebuild your life.
Traumatic amputation and loss of limb
Our solicitors also have expert knowledge and understanding of the issues surrounding traumatic amputation and loss of limb. This is a complex area in which early intervention is important. Getting the right expert advice and help early on means you can get interim payments to assist with the purchase of private rehabilitation, address housing needs, equipment and the implementation of care and case management.
Specialist advice is important — for example, you may not know that you do not have to rely on prosthetics available from the NHS. You are entitled to claim for prosthetics, available on a private basis. We can help you get this.
What do you classify as a serious injury?
- Injuries involving paralysis;
- Any head/brain injury;
- Psychiatric symptoms likely to cause significant disability for the future;
- Any permanent injury affecting the eyes, ears, sense of taste or smell;
- Mesothelioma, lung cancer, asbestosis and pleural thickening;
- Impotence and infertility;
- Severe food poisoning resulting in permanent symptoms;
- Carbon monoxide poisoning;
- Loss of a kidney or spleen;
- Permanent bowel damage or bladder injury;
- Amputations of arm(s), hand(s), finger(s), thumb(s), leg(s), knee(s), ankle(s) and/or feet;
- Permanent limb disability;
- Significant facial scarring and fractured jaw.