It is also very important that the Solicitor you choose has experience in handling mesothelioma cases as it is a specialist area of law. Your Solicitor should be aware of the special rules and legislation that has been passed for the smooth and efficient progress of your claim.
At Novum Law, we cannot change your diagnosis but we can help you get the financial compensation which can provide some peace of mind for the future.
How we can help you
- Quickly arrange for you to get all of the state benefits that you are entitled to, including weekly payments and lump sum benefits.
- Assess whether you are entitled to compensation from the people who exposed you to asbestos or from their insurance company. This might be a previous employer of yours or of your loved one, or an organisation such as a school or college. If the employer or Defendant is out of business, we have the expertise to trace any relevant insurers.
- Gather evidence to support your claim and take all steps necessary to prove your right to compensation.
- Access no-fault compensation schemes that pay for asbestos disease in the UK, Europe or the USA.
- Request Interim Payments from your former employer or their insurer whilst your claim is in progress to help pay for nursing care or treatment which is not covered by the NHS.
- Refer you to people who can help ensure your financial affairs are in order and that your loved ones will be provided for in accordance with your wishes, should the worst happen.
- Assist families considering a claim arising after the death of a relative from an asbestos illness.
- Use the specialist fast track court procedures to ensure swift justice and settlement.
- Refer you to appropriate agencies, support groups and other organisations who are able to provide you and your family with any support, help and guidance you might need.