It is also very important that the Solicitor you choose has experience of handling asbestos related illness cases as it is a specialist area of law. Your Solicitor should be aware of the special rules and legislation that has been passed for the smooth and efficient progress of your claim.
At Novum Law, we cannot change your diagnosis but we can help you get the financial compensation which can provide some peace of mind for the future.
Our dedicated team of Lawyers specialise in asbestos illness claims. Between them the team have over 40 years of experience of handling such claims and will deal with your situation with sensitivity and understanding whilst pursuing your claim with skill and vigour. They have handled hundreds of claims caused by exposure to airborne asbestos fibres across a whole range of professions and industries dating back to the 1940’s right up to much more recent exposure. They have acted for clients exposed in dockyards, shipbuilding, power stations, construction, railway and engineering industries as well as many professionals exposed in offices, at schools and colleges and even in hospitals and other public organisations. They have even acted for family members in landmark cases who have tragically been diagnosed with asbestosis as a result of exposure to asbestos dust and fibres being brought home on the overalls of loved ones.
Even if you are unsure about how and when you came into contact with asbestos, or even if any exposure was a long time ago our specialist team will still investigate your claim fully.
The team have an in depth knowledge of health & safety laws dating back to the beginning of the last century which ensures that they can act swiftly to bring responsible parties to justice.
How we can help you
- Quickly arrange for you to get all of the State Benefits that you are entitled to, including weekly payments and lump sum benefits.
- Assess whether you are entitled to compensation from the people who exposed you to asbestos or from their Insurance Company. This might be a previous employer of yours or of your loved one, or an organisation such as a School or College. If the employer or Defendant is out of business, we have the expertise to trace any relevant insurers.
- Gather evidence to support your claim and take all steps necessary to prove your right to compensation.
- Access no-fault compensation schemes that pay for asbestos disease in the UK, Europe or the USA.
- Request Interim payments from your former employer or their Insurer whilst your claim is in progress to help pay for Nursing Care or treatment which is not covered by the NHS.
- Refer you to people who can help ensure your financial affairs are in order and that your loved ones will be provided for in accordance with your wishes, should the worst happen.
- Assist families considering a claim arising after the death of a relative from an asbestos illness.
- Use the specialist fast track court procedures to ensure swift justice and settlement.
- Refer you to an appropriate agencies, support groups and other organisations who are able to provide you and your family with any support, help and guidance you might need.