For help & advice call us
Peritoneal Mesothelioma Claim Client Story
Mr S of Chard in Somerset was diagnosed with peritoneal mesothelioma, an unusual asbestos–related cancer affecting the stomach. He worked with the London Fire Brigade between 1967 and 1984. When he attended fires he had to wear an asbestos hood and asbestos gloves to handle hot items.
In addition, he was based at Woolwich Fire Station, an old Victorian Building from 1976 where he regularly had to top-up the oil levels and change the settings from the old boiler which was lagged with asbestos.
He was awarded £243,000 and received money from a US Trust Fund Claim.