Novum Law’s specialist asbestos disease team based in central Southampton, has donated two iPads and iPad carts to University Hospital Southampton to help critically ill patients during the coronavirus pandemic....Read more
Darren is an experienced personal injury and medical negligence solicitor based on the Isle of Wight, who specialises in dealing with cases involving a brain injury, amputation or spinal cord injury. These claims are often highly complex and of great value, frequently exceeding many millions of pounds.
Darren heads up a Novum Law office on the island and is responsible for a dedicated team of personal injury and medical negligence lawyers. His team has a reputation for going the extra mile to get the best results for their clients. He and his team work closely with their clients and their families to obtain interim awards of compensation. This can help to pay for care and rehabilitation expenses, as well as specialist support and equipment to aid recovery and improve quality of life.
Darren regularly acts in relation to complex medical negligence cases involving negligent medical treatment and care at St Mary’s Hospital and by local General Practitioners. By way of example, Darren regularly deals with the following types of medical negligence cases:-
- Cerebral palsy claims
- Pregnancy, birth and gynaecology claims
- Incorrect or delayed diagnosis or treatment, such as those involving infections, heart attacks, ruptured aneurysms or strokes
- Surgical errors, for example, abdominal surgery, bowel surgery or orthopaedic surgery
- Hospital acquired infection claims, such as those involving MRSA or C Difficile
- Defective medical products (such as failed hip or knee replacement claims)
- Drug compensation claims
- Misprescription claims
- Accident and emergency claims
- Cancer compensation claims
- GP and Community Health Claims
- Cosmetic surgery claims, including negligent breast augmentation and reduction, nose reshaping (rhinoplasty) and ‘tummy tucks’ (abdominoplasty)
Other areas of Darren’s personal injury practice include:-
- Fatal Accident Compensation Claims– whether the claim has arisen as a result of a road traffic accident, an accident at work or as a result of medical negligence
- Child Abuse Cases (physical and/or sexual abuse)
- Criminal Injuries Compensation
- It is noteworthy that Darren is the only specialist personal injury solicitor with an office on the Isle of Wight who is approved to work within the Code of Conduct for Headway UK – the National Brain Injury Association – to provide legal advice and representation in Brain Injury cases.
Darren frequently works with leading medical experts and has vast experience of assembling and coordinating multi-disciplinary teams of professionals during the preparation and progression of high-value compensation claims. He ensures that the correct team is put in place from the outset to match the client’s needs — from the appointment of the right case manager, to the recruitment of support workers, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech and language therapists or any other professional input that is required.