Years after the use of asbestos was banned, former railway workers are still being diagnosed with asbestos-related diseases. Asbestos was commonly used in the construction, repair, and maintenance of trains from...Read more
Mrs C of Taunton contracted mesothelioma through the washing of her stepfather’s overalls when she lived in Plymouth.
Her stepfather worked at the Devonport Dockyard and also the Royal Naval Hospital, during which times he would come into contact with asbestos dust and would bring it home on his overalls. Mrs C would shake out the overalls and would therefore inhale the asbestos particles in the atmosphere.
The claim settled for a substantial sum in the UK, with a further US claim also having been successfully pursued.