The world will come together this Saturday (4 February) to mark World Cancer Day 2023. This is a global campaign led by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) to...Read more
Mr D from Bristol was heavily exposed to asbestos whilst employed by a company supplying and fitting wall and floor tiles to offices, factories and supermarkets.
He had lifted up old vinyl asbestos floor tiles and often worked among laggers who were using spray asbestos. He was diagnosed with pleural thickening and suffered mild breathlessness. However, he subsequently had a triple heart by-pass operation when it was discovered that the pleural thickening had surrounded his heart.
His claim was settled for £181,000.