Novum Law recognised in prestigious Chambers & Partners Guide 2024
The team at Novum Law are delighted to be once again recognised as one of the best personal injury law firms in the South West by the leading, independent legal...
A war veteran has fears that he may suffer from asbestos poisoning, after a Housing Association did not repair a ceiling that was damaged in his home, it has been reported.
David Ford of the Eastfields Estate in Mitcham, has suffered from a leaking roof since January, caused by workmen who were repairing a neighbour’s roof sweeping heavy debris onto his own roof, which then cracked.
Surveyors have reportedly informed managers at the Housing Association that poor workmanship by contractors has caused the damage to Mr Ford’s home. Although scaffolding was erected outside the property six weeks ago, no work has yet been done.
Mr Ford is concerned that he may have been exposed to asbestos dust. Although he is a war veteran who fought in the Middle East, the prospect of being exposed to asbestos has caused real concern.
Andrew Stinchcombe of Novum Law comments, “This is yet another reminder that potentially dangerous asbestos remains in the fabric and structure of many homes. If this asbestos is disturbed, it can potentially release dust into the atmosphere, which can cause serious diseases many years later. It is therefore important that any asbestos is not disturbed, and is only removed or worked upon by specialist asbestos contractors”.
Click here to read the full article.
Are you happy to give your consent?
Contact our office
Make an enquiry