The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) recently called for mandatory speed restrictions on e-scooters and for e-scooter riders to wear safety helmets as part of a consultation into their...Read more
Exposure to asbestos after a fire at her school led to the death of a mother from Harpenden some 30 years later, it has been reported.
Louise Lambert remembered walking through clouds of dust in a passageway at the school, while remedial work was allegedly taking place after the blaze.
It is alleged that at this time many buildings had pipes which were covered or lagged with asbestos, and that she was exposed to these fibres.
Mrs Lambert was diagnosed with mesothelioma in January 2012, and passed away on 15 August 2013.
The Assistant Coroner in Hatfield, stated that because she had not been exposed to asbestos during her working life, he could not give a verdict of Industrial Disease, and instead ruled that she died from exposure to asbestos in childhood.
Andrew Stinchcombe of Novum Law comments “This is another tragic reminder of the dangers of asbestos dust. Asbestos is particularly hazardous when it is released into the atmosphere, and great care must be taken when any work is being performed on asbestos”.
To read the full article, click here.