The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) recently called for mandatory speed restrictions on e-scooters and for e-scooter riders to wear safety helmets as part of a consultation into their...Read more
It has been reported that a man from Swanwick died after years of being exposed to asbestos.
George Brough died as a result of allegedly being exposed to significant levels of asbestos throughout his career at Southampton Docks. The former Electrician worked for Lancaster & Son Foundry, and the London Electricity Board alongside laggers. He also worked aboard the Queen Elizabeth in the 1940’s and 1950’s.
The Senior Coroner for South & Central Hampshire recorded a verdict of death due to Industrial Disease.
Andrew Stinchcombe of Novum Law comments “This is another sad reminder that many people used to be regularly exposed to asbestos dust at Dockyards. Diseases caused by asbestos can take many decades to develop, and it must be remembered that the deadly effects of exposure to asbestos dust can cause repercussions many years later”.
To read the full article, click here.