Novum Law recognised in prestigious Chambers & Partners Guide 2024
The team at Novum Law are delighted to be once again recognised as one of the best personal injury law firms in the South West by the leading, independent legal...
It has been reported that a heating engineer has died as a result of coming into contact with asbestos 30 years ago. Peter Edwards, 57, died on February 19 2015 at St. Wilfrid’s Hospice in Chichester.
Mr Edwards was reportedly told that he had mesothelioma in 2014. He was an apprentice at the age of 15 in Emsworth he installed and repaired boilers in the area, including at the Barracks on Thorney Island. The Inquest into Mr Edward’s death was reportedly told that he was informed of the dangers of working with asbestos at the time and had no protective clothing. The Coroner Penelope Schofield recorded a verdict of industrial disease.
Andrew Stinchcombe of Novum Law comments “ this is another example of the dangers of asbestos. Unfortunately many people were exposed to asbestos a number of decades ago, and because it takes so long for mesothelioma to develop there is the devastating effects of this exposure are only being seen now. The number of deaths in the UK for mesothelioma is not expected to peak for several more years, but this is another reminder that if asbestos is encountered, it should not be disturbed and only experts should be allowed to remove it or disturb it”.
To read the full article, click here.
Are you happy to give your consent?
Contact our office
Make an enquiry