For help & advice call us
Novum Law to host asbestos disease training seminar for medical professionals
- AuthorGraeme Chisholm
Next month, specialist asbestos disease solicitors from Novum Law are hosting an informative, free seminar for healthcare professionals on mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases.
The study day, organised in conjunction with Hugh James and accredited by the Royal College of Nursing and the Royal College of Physicians, will provide medical staff from the primary and secondary care sectors with a whole host of information on the diagnosis, treatment and patient welfare of people suffering from serious asbestos-related diseases.
Throughout the day, a series of talks will be given by a panel of experts which includes:
- Professor Loic Lang-Lazdunski, Consultant Thoracic Surgeon at London Bridge Hospital
- Professor Nick Maskell, Consultant Respiratory Physician at North Bristol NHS Trust
- Dr. Anthony Edey, Consultant Cardiothoracic Radiologist at North Bristol NHS Trust
- Dr. Jason Lester, Consultant Oncologist at Velindre Cancer Centre in Cardiff
Nursing specialists presenting on the day include:
- Hannah Ball, Advanced Nurse Practitioner in lung cancer and mesothelioma at Oxford University Hospitals
- Christine Jones, lung cancer/mesothelioma Clinical Nurse Specialist at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth
- Sarah Smith, lung cancer and mesothelioma Clinical Nurse Specialist at North Bristol NHS Trust
- Helen Howison, lung cancer Clinical Nurse Specialist at St Woolos Hospital, Newport
- Sarah Morgan, MacMillan Clinical Nurse Specialist in lung cancer at Glangwili Hospital in Carmarthen, Wales.
Delegates will have the opportunity to hear talks on a wide range of topics such as:
- Latest trials and treatments for asbestos-related diseases
- Surgical options for mesothelioma patients
- Oncology options for mesothelioma patients
- Role of radiotherapy in diagnosing asbestos disease
- Support provided by Cancer Nurse Specialists
- Legal update on compensation claims for asbestos-related diseases from leading barrister, Stephen Glynn from 9 Gough Square Chambers
Director Graeme Chisholm, who heads up Novum Law’s specialist team of asbestos solicitors, said:
“We’d like to extend a warm and open invitation to all those involved in the fields of mesothelioma, lung cancer and all other asbestos-related diseases. We are fortunate to be joined by some of the UK’s leading thoracic medical experts and nursing specialists who will be sharing their knowledge, understanding and experience with delegates. It promises to be a really informative, interesting day and a must-attend event for everyone working in the asbestos-related disease sector.”
Novum Law’s mesothelioma and asbestos disease study day will take place on Friday the 12th of May from 10am – 4pm at the Celtic Manor Resort in Newport.
You can book now to secure your free place by calling Gemma Sharp on: 0845 160 3535 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This course is accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and the Royal College of Nursing.*
• * By providing accreditation for this course the RCP and RCN cannot confirm the competence of any presenting practitioners.
• *This study day will be of value to delegates when constructing their evidence for revalidation with the NMC